Soul in the Hole
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Nat Young enlightens us on the “Oxbow Soul and Style” at Puerto Escondido. A far cry from the format of today’s shortboard “cloning” contests, the “Oxbow Soul and Style” is a blast from the past when everyone rode different equipment and had different style based on their board and location they rode them. The contest featured the likes of Joel Tudor, Beau Young, and Bonga Perkins, among others.