Sons of Torrance
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
As the surf industry was birthing itself in and around the South Bay in the early to mid 1960s, Torrance Beach morphed from sleepy beach town to hot bed of talent, and maybe none were more emblematic of the evolution of the sport than the family Irons. From resident hot doggers to Hawaiian transplants to eventual world champions, even today the pedigree is far reaching.