Smoke The Whole Pack
Volume 23.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
A memoir of sorts, only this exact author could have injected what feels like a mid-career Woody Allen plot into a tale of XL barrel hunting. The throughline? How does a mild-mannered, vaguely nerdish techie arrange the freedom and time to pursue his life’s mission—driving straight and fast through the heart of heaving Kandui lefts? This is a relatable course of study for most of us. Surfing is constantly at odds with work obligations, spousal entanglements, the DMV. Pounds of flesh are exacted, feelings are hurt. And if you plot out the right course and act with the quickness? The sweet sting of spit on your back.