Shorter, Lighter, Faster
Volume 15.Issue 5
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
“Looking at the historical underpinnings of Nat Young’s 1966 shortboard-fueled competetive uprising, Reno Abellira writes about how the shortboard revolution could have been predicted years before when Waikiki beach boy Valentine Ching Jr. was tearing it up on his short wooden Paipo board during the late ’50s and early ’60s.”