Shooting the Bull with Hap Jacobs
Volume 19.Issue 2
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Hap Jacobs talks story on the birth of the surfboard industry and its denizens along Southern California’s South Bay beaches during the 1960s. From his stint in the the Coast Guard to his first custom-shaped surfboards, his fishing career to present-day board building, Hap is a man of many talents.