Shitty But Good
Volume 23.Issue 5
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Flippy Hoffman was part surfer, part pirate, part business-hawk, and all character. Along with his younger brother, Walter, his Hawaiian big-wave water time in the late 1940s and early 50s was just the tip of the iceberg in a life well lived. A recounting of his Channel Island diving escapades, Parisian textile-and-gem-hunting sorties, and high seas swashbuckling, told by those who knew him best.