Volume 23.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
TSJ readers might recognize this author’s name and credit line from past features. He’s documented the Southern Cone of South America for us, and taken us into some of the more farther-flung archipelagos of French Polynesia. How does he pull it? Staff at one of the Big Three? Ponzi schemes? Trustafarian? Hardly. Ragatz is the guy you call if your 5-star resort needs perfectly-lit, environment-forward brochure and website photography. That’s how he discovered Laamu, quietly known among a certain set of traveling surfers as the home of the sketchiest right barrel in the Maldives. What he found will draw him back there, and maybe incite you to consider doing same.