Rough Cut: Surfing on Film
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
This piece opens with Warshaw’s disappointment with the movie In God’s Hands followed by him introducing this article’s topic of discussion, why is it so hard to make a good surfing movie? Here, Warshaw dissects the good and bad in surf movies and expresses his disappointment in the over-all surf film genre. He establishes a credible voice on the matter, providing much to contemplate on the subject of surf films and videos.