Room For Two
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
This tale of mother and son is unique on a variety of levels. Janet MacPherson was not only one of the original hot gal surfers at Malibu (coming along just after Aggie Bain and her flock), she has maintained a healthy pilot light of stoke since those sepia-tinged days. A deeply experienced Bajera, Janet knows more nooks and crannies in Mexico than any dozen sunburned Pacifico-swillers. That’s how she raised here boy, Sean. Sure, he might own and operate the hippest hotels in Manhattan—including the Jane and the Maritime—but it’s comforting to learn that he has the ballast of surf experience keeping his roots moist.