Richard Brewer Profile
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
An informative perspective on Richard Brewer’s influences on surfboard shaping. Drew Kampion’s article provides an informative look at one of the most influential shapers who played a very significant role in big-wave boards that some of the best surfers of all time have ridden and still ride today. This article also includes an in-depth interview between RB and Kampion. A piece that shows the technical experimentation that went on with board dimensions, and ultimately took surfing to where it is today. It truly illustrates why Brewer’s boards are sought after by such a range of surfers with different demands and riding styles, and furthermore, shines light on one of the most significant figures behind the scene of big wave riding.