Retrospective: Rick Griffin
Volume 1.Issue 1
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
John Severson, the founder of Surfer magazine, discusses Rick Griffin’s short-lived life, art, and the legacy he left behind. Severson provides a biography of Murphy, Griffin’s psychedelic surfer cartoon character that readers of Surfer Magazine are familiar with.