Reinventing the Sport-Part II
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Joel T. Smith dives back into surfing history to look at the ealry pioneers. We may well have George Freeth to thank for bringing surfing back from the brink. In the early 1900’s George was at the forefront of the lost art and was even then experimenting with board design.He then came over to California and thats when things really took off. Joel shows us it important to look back, way back.