Race Against The Sea: The Catalina Classic
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
The 1995 run of the annual Catalina Classic paddleboard race, started by Bob Hogan, is documented by Craig Lockwood. With virtually “ideal” weather conditions, surfing legends and watermen gathered to celebrate the super-marathon of oceanic endurance.