Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Have you heard about the Russians of Bali? Damnedest thing. Rubled-up youth from the motherland have discovered the climate, favorable exchange rate, and 24-hour party platform of everyone’s favorite Hindu paradise. And they’ve found surfing. No one is sure how many Russians have landed, but it isn’t going unnoticed. Not with the way the gals look. Not with the amount of Cyrillic surf school signage. Not with the amount of droning EDM pumping from speaker cones around Kuta. So what does it mean? Mariah Ernst reports.