Pre-contact: The Surfing Tradition of Sao Tome
Volume 16.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Sam George’s account of Sao Tomean surf culture clearly highlights their traditional influence on the sport. George takes us to a small, West African island where he shares a heartfelt experience with local surfers, very well discovering the origin of surfing.