Portfolio: Walter Iooss
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Russell Drumm details the evolution of Walter Iooss’ photography through his various assignments from Sports Illustrated, including an assigment to Kauai where Iooss first worked with helicopter pilot, Red Johnson. Drumm describes Iooss’ passion and superhuman instict for lighting. The article includes a selection of Walter Iooss photographs with subjects ranging from surfers and waves in Kauia, to Michael Jordan at the 1988 slam dunk contest, to Heidi Klum posing for a swimsuit issue.