Portfolio: Damien Poullenot
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Damien Poullenot is a French photographer from the forested hamlet of Hossegor on the Cote d’Argent. With compatriot Laurent Masurel, Damien runs a thriving photo agency centered on surfing. Splitting the difference between art and sport, he is a subtle manipulator of nuanced light and eye-tricking composition. His work is uncanny, with an appeal that speaks to purist considerations like craft, emotional vibration, and allusion. In this, his first portfolio in the U.S. surfing press, he graces 18 pages with his broad take on sliding culture.