Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
What author Brad Barrett calls, “a veritable history book of modern surfing.” This piece provides a collection of photos from 1960-1969 captured by LeRoy Grannis, one of the most published surf photographers of all time. The photos are of numerous influential surfers riding various breaks throughout Los Angeles, at Sunset Beach, Malibu, and Pipeline among other locations.