Path Of The Jimmicane
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
The son of British Nationals, raised in Bahrain, and now working out of Bali, 24-year-old photographer Tom Hawkins has spent the last five years ranging through island domains, from Sri Lanka, to Indo, to Hawaii, documenting wave riding from the viewpoint of an objective outsider. “I just try to separate myself from the surf aspect of the photography and capture an aesthetically pleasing image,” he says.