Volume 19.Issue 6
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Dave Parmenter shares his passion for surfing and surfboard shaping. He believes if you are shaping boards by computer, you are not a true craftsman: “You have to get in there and work with these things on a three-dimensional level and build them with your hands.” A single-fin surfer, Parmenter makes boards to surf the way he wants to surf and his advice for those that are interested in shaping is to “be interested in everything. Try every surfboard you can get your hands on.”