Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Scouting Hainan Island for a SUP event ended in an enjoyable 2-week surf exploration in the South China Sea. Visited mostly by Japanese surfers, surfing first appeared on Hainan around 2002 and is now home to two dozen native surfers.