Of Monks and Monkeys By Susan Chaplin
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Susan Chaplin travels off the beaten path to the east coast of Sri Lanka, the ninth stop in a worldwide surf trip. She encounters Buddhist monks and befriends a small group of traveling surfers and locals. Though never seen, the Tamil Tigers political terrorist group presence is felt.