Now Hear This
Volume 18.Issue 4
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
The author shares his experience with “surfer’s ear,” or exotoses, an affliction common to cold water surfers, including treatments used in years past to the most common procedures used today. Morals of the story: early treatment of that bony growth in your ear reduces surgical risk and a $15 pair of earplugs is less expensive than medical treatment.