Navigating by Heart
Volume 16.Issue 6
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Les jumeaux (the twins) Emmanuel and Maximilien Berque from Southwest France, have led an extraordinary surfing life. Not only with the many waves they’ve ridden throughout their part of the world, but also through the truly epic journeys they’ve undertaken in their self-designed craft. What could be more hard-core, more truly surf-inspired than an ocean crossing on an 18-foot boat you’ve built yourself? These trips (there have been four on as many designs) brought the brothers Berque to the very source of the waves they’ve so loved to ride.