Mr.Rohloff’s Neighborhood by Paul Gross
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Paul Gross recalls the rise and fall of surf movies. After attending jury duty next to the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, Gross recalls days when the place was packed for surf flicks and also muses about surfing’s societal acceptance and the decline of Los Angeles’ importance in the surf world.