Volume 22.Issue 5
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
The significant drawbacks—aside from the occasional near-drownings and lack of health insurance—in Todd Glaser’s line of work are few. Perhaps the only thing that qualifies it as a job is the requirement that he always remain on-call: California to Bali, Bali to Brisbane, Brisbane to Fiji, two days on Tavarua, back to Australia. Glaser’s photo essay on Kelly Slater, with well-rounded road notes, provides a unique look at the 11-time world champ.