Miguel, Gisele, And The Architecture Of Sex
Volume 23.Issue 1
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Brazilian surf culture imitates nothing and no one. Those who fix their Western Gaze on the country’s idiosyncratic and vibrant aspects have a tendency to chafe at its non-conformity rather than celebrating its distinctiveness. As writer Charlie Smith argues, resisting is useless: Brazil is the future of surfing.