Memories of Peta
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Gerald Saunders recounts his early 70’s Petacalco adventures and the destruction of the ‘best beachbreak there ever was’. Says Pezman, “…when Gerald writes, it’s about his life, which is as hard-core surf as anyone’s, and the words and photos he uses to transmit his story have a grit that quickly transcend the normal surf mag article syndrome. His story in this issue of pre-demise Peta is one that only now can be told. Dead men tell no tales, but Gerald, along with John Amsterdam, have out-lived the surf break and its heyday, and evidently can now break the code of silence to fill us in on what we missed- one honkin’ gnarly sand bottom ass kicker of a surfing wave.”