Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Shawn Shamlou and artist friend, Michael Cassidy visit two remote islands in the South Pacific. The largely un-surfed island of Jude and Doc’s Island are the two locales described in this travelogue. Jude, a trader of sorts, with a steady income is the island’s only full-time surfer, Doc Miklos, a physician and accomplished surfer is resident to another island. Both have been witness to many mega swells and pristine virgin waves. The story starts off with a warning of sorts, that pristine solitude is not always paradise.