Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Allen’s interview with one of the earliest female surfers, Mary Monks. Monks takes us through her introduction to surfing at age 36, instantly falling in love with it, purchasing her first boards and eventually taking it to the next level. The interview provides insight on the early days for a woman paddling out at places like California St., San Onofre, and even Rincon.