Long Live the King: An Interview with Dick Dale, King of the Surf Guitar
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Introduction to surf musician Dick Dale Q & A interview with Dick Dale, pioneer of “the unmistakable sound that has been the unofficial score of American surf culture.” Interview covers his first gigs with Ray Stott, Billy Barber at The Rinky Dink Ice Cream Parlor, then the Rendezvous Ballroom, surfing with Butch Van Artsdalen and his own private airport.