Log Jam 1922
Volume 1.Issue 2
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
After a catching up with fellow 70-somethings at San Onofre, Charles Ehlers takes us back to the earliest days of surfing along the Southern California Coast, with a timeline charting the growth in the popularity of the sport in California- from just a handful of surfers in 1922, to surfing colonies and surfing clubs up and down the coast by 1943.