Larger Than Life
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
The photographic works of Dr. Don James documented wave riding and ocean exploration from the days of surfers catching 20-pound California spiny lobster in the 1930s to applying decades of learned surfing mastery to backside walls at Pipeline and Waimea in the 1980s. Craig Stecyk crafts us an eloquent introduction to James’ contributions to surf culture.