Kicking Over the Traces
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Surfer/Shaper Bob McTavish takes a fresh look at the evolution of the shortboard from 1969 to the present. He explains the evolution of rail design and the effect it has on carving. Also displayed in the article is a series of mid-length boards shaped by McTavish with a step by step explanation of their design and relativity to the future of the shortboard.