John Severson Presents
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Drew Kampion presents us with John Seversons lifestory, peppered with sketchbook assemblages which preview his most popular art works. This in-depth piece provides us with an opportunity to understand the roots of today’s surf scene, in particular the surf-art niche. As Pezman notes “his stylish treatments lifted surfing above the low-brow mass market hype to a more artful place.”