Jersey Before Foam
Volume 19.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Born in December 1920, Mike Howes started surfing in 1937. This is a wonderful account of his life in and out of the water on the New Jersey Shore. Mike was an avid waterman throughout his life, from surfing his father’s Blake-style surfboards to teaching Red Cross lifesaving, parasailing, aquaplaning, and, oh, those beach parties.