In the Basements of Skyscrapers
Volume 12.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Hillary Hauser shows us a different perspective of some of surfing’s most infamous waves. With the aid of local surfers and divers, she explores the places that the surfers don’t want to think about. Mavericks, true to it’s fickle reputation, was the most challenging and scary dive, showing that even if you know whats down there, it doesn’t make it easier.