How I Came to be Co-Author of the Surfing Guide to Southern California
Volume 8.Issue 1
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
David H. Stern describes how he became a student of surfing while studying for his Ph.D. in economics (Princeton). Witnessing one 300 yard ride by Bill Cleary at Topanga inspired Stern (“The Professor”) to interview dozens of prominent So Cal surfers & co-author “The Surfing Guide to Southern California.”