Volume 19.Issue 2
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Take a journey with Evan Slater and the highlights of his surfing college career from freshman to super senior year at UCSD: “Once Black’s sucks you in, it becomes a way of life.” Black’s is arguable the best beachbreak on the entire California coast, but early on few were interested due to the hike down the trail. Tom Linton entertains us with his ode to Black’s: “Flapdoodle Dugs and Festive Merkins.”