Gow’s Boatshed by Midget Farrelly
Volume 21.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Australia’s Whale Beach has remained a quaint, boat-building community since Frank Gonsalves first rented slip space at Carl Gow’s boatshed in the early 1960s. Time drifts on, and today Gow’s son, also named Carl, runs the boatshed. When he’s not grinding away on the sanding wheel, chances are Carl’s out surfing at Kiddie, in for a quick dip to rinse away some of the grime and keep his sights set on the horizon.