Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Jim Evans is best known to surfers for his Cadillac Wheels illustrations and work with Rick Griffin. Yet his designs, produced in his Malibu studio, have cast their influence from the Beastie Boys to Public Enemy, The Big Lebowski to Fear and Loathing. In profile, writer Joe Donnelly contextualizes the cultural significance of the Evans’ work.