Foam Ball Satori
Volume 23.Issue 4
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Highly accomplished, resolutely peripatetic, and self-promo’d to a fare-thee-well, this young photographer has enjoyed a meteoric rise to the top of the surf media food chain. He shoots rad shit, is what we’re saying. And it’s always saturated and tack sharp and somewhere you’d like to go—places marked by adventure and multiple-legged flights and lots of expensive long underwear. Burkard’s trips invariably include the use of regionally unique transport. So yeah, we suggested, let’s run some greatest hits, but let’s really focus on the vessels, sleds, campers, and bikes. They have stories too.