First Strike: Surf Provocateur Glenn Hening Recalls the Birth of the Surfrider Foundation
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Glenn Hening assembles a team of players in the legal and environmental studies fields to save a channel from being bulldozed into Malibu’s Surfrider Beach. The story explains the beginning stages of Surfrider as a non-profit activist organization.