Volume 20.Issue 1
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Tony Alva has a “passion for surfy skating and skatey surfing,” with surfing always being his first love. Tony, the mid-’70s skateboarding icon, has had one of the most powerful influences in today’s youth culture. At 53 years old, he has surfed and skated over 40 years. Plus sidebar “Prelude to the Revolution:” Frank Nasworthy’s innovation of the urethane skateboard wheel.