Daniel Thomson and the Speed of Phi
Volume 22.Issue 2
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Drawing on a wide number of influences as a shaper—historical and contemporary, within the surf sphere and drastically apart from it—at the core of Daniel Thomson’s design ethos are the mathematic principles of phi and the golden ratio, driving his experimentation with uniquely designed, highly functional crafts.