Volume 22.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Shortboard modernist and archival shaper CJ Kanuha takes a self-shaped Olo out for a session near his home on the Big Island. Never mind that the board, built from Acacia koa, cost as much as the truck he hauls it around in—Kanuha’s is a labor of pure enjoyment.