Dad’s Piper Cub
Volume 14.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Brian Howell recall’s a giant Northwest swell in the fall of 1976, when he along with his best friend, Mark Wildman, took to the air in his father’s J-3 Piper Cub to check all the big wave spots. Howell recounts seeing only two guys out at Waimea bay, as he yelled “Outside!” from the window of the plane.