Coral Refuge, Ocean Deep: Escape In the Isles of Polynesian Idyll
Volume 13.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Michael Kew travels to L’Archipel Dangereux on Chris O’Callaghan’s M/V Cascade vessel looking for slabs of reef breaks. The French hold is seen through the time period of nuclear testing in the area. Chris has traveled for 25 years surfing, searching for waves in the open sea. Kew travels to the Cook Islands with a local guide where he nurses heartbreak, joblessness and homelessness by exploring the area, surfing and an encounter with a local girl.