Cop The Roaring Forties
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Cave Rock was once billed as “South Africa’s answer to Backdoor.” Its photogenic setup garnered spread after spread in surf magazines of the ’80s and ’90s. Today, by comparison, the line-up at Cave Rock is near empty, save for a handful of local surfers paddling for clean peaks in front of the sandstone that gives the wave its name. Will Bendix profiles the current scene at surfing’s happily forgotten poster child.