Volume 21.Issue 2
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
No surf contest in the history of the sport has threatened life and limb quite like the 2011 Billabong Pro Tahiti. We saw big waves at the â€™74 Smirnoff. The Eddie has had its moments. But the results of the contest at beyond-maxed-out Teahupoo forever defined reputations, made careers, graced magazine covers around the world, and served up millions of downloads. Steve Shearer takes us behind that fateful week at the end of the road.